Tuesday 6 October 2015

Become a bobby pin lock picking master!

How to pick a lock with a bobby pinHow to pick a lock with a bobby pin – something I’ve always wanted to be able to do… I have to admit: I’m a big fan of action movies, spy stories and detective series. In almost every instance of those genres the hero must break into the enemy or suspect’s lair without being detected which often times requires him picking some kind of lock. Granted most modern day action movies require the hero to have some kind of technological gadget that picks the electronic lock for him but every now and then they have to go old school. Some of my favourite lock pickers of all time is Sherlock Holmes. A detective who more recently have been made popular once more by the TV series Elementary. In the series Sherlock himself practices hacking locks on a daily basis to master him craft.

Unfortunately I'm nothing near that level yet - still practising. Hower even more recently I managed to mistakenly lock a small 3 digit master lock, luckily not my car lock or door, and started researching to pick it using whatever resources I could find on the internet. Afterwards I realized that I’m not the only one searching for lock picking tutorials, especially with a bobby pin and decided to blog about it. Granted I’m nothing near an expert and still have trouble opening the lock (I might have broken it I think) but I’ve gathered a nice list of resources for you to use. Please keep in mind that some of these resources do cost money (very little money) as I’ve found you can only go so far with the free stuff.

One of the things I struggled with was finding a resource that explained a solution for my situation specifically. There are tons of YouTube videos on lock picking but it’s really hard to find a resource that explains the whole process in detail and help you become a master at it. During my research I didn’t find many paid resources that teach lock picking to the extent that I would like it to, but the one I liked the most was this:

You can also watch some YouTube videos like these ones below. One thing I almost forget to mention is please don’t use your bobby pin locking picking skills for the wrong reasons. I’m not trying to make a thief out of you this a purely for fun, being to say you can do and maybe even being able to help a friend or family member some day...

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate on your post.... and I got an useful information about the matter... I just tried to write the same post.
    Pick Lock

    ReplyDelete